What is an Endowment Gift?
A gift to the Endowment Fund means that your contribution can never be spent. Only the income earnings will be spent to improve our community parks, programs and facilities. It is a gift that keeps on giving – a true legacy.
The Endowment Fund is a great way to:
- Perpetuate a family name
- Leave a legacy
- Honor family or friends
- Give back to the community
- Provide tax benefits
Options For Giving:
- Cash Gifts: Simple and convenient. All gifts qualify for maximum deductibility for income tax purposes
- Bequests: A charitable bequest of cash, appreciated property, or a portion of your estate through a will or revocable trust reduces potential estate tax. This can also include beneficiary designation of retirement plan assets.
- Annuity Trust or Gift Annuity: Made with cash, this can provide you or others with fixed income payment while reducing income and estate tax. This can also be done with appreciated property.
- Appreciated Property: Gifts of appreciated securities or real estate create charitable deductions for full market value and bypass capital gains tax.
- Life Insurance: A gift of a life insurance policy allows leverage of premiums into a larger future benefit for the parks. Current deduction for donor of premiums or cash surrender value.
For information about the FOR Parks Endowment Fund, call Roseville Parks and Recreation Department at (651) 792-7006. Click the link below for a downloadable copy of the Endowment brochure.[wpdm_package id=’958′]